Thursday, August 26, 2010

"I'm late, I'm late...

...for a very important date. No time to say 'hello'. Goodbye. I'm late. I'm late. I'm late."
White Rabbit, Alice in Wonderland

These last two weeks have been a blur. I have lots of unfinished business, which i promise to tackle after this whirlwind in Ireland. I'm really behind on my trip to Seattle, Oklahoma, packing for Europe and now I'm here. Here, in the most wonderful place I have yet been...Ireland. I adore it! Germany was grand and I didn't see enough to do it justice but even off the plane I could smell the deep green of the lush Irish land and knew...this is where I belong. Jennifer is going to have a hard time pulling my mind to the allures of Paris with this place already occupying it. Funny thing is, Jen and I keep saying "this is just like...in seattle." Or "this reminds me of Portland." We aren't too far off in the northwest, just put some good-looking redheads with accents there and I'm set.
Photos coming soon. For the time being I leave you with this...
The irishman at the front desk of the Avalon House, the hostel we are staying in, was calling the passport office. He needed to get a passport for the next day as his was MIA and he had a very important stag weekend to get to in England. The call went as follows...
Passport operator: "Passport office."
Mr. Irish: "I need to know about an emergency passport."
Passport operator: "Can't be done."
Mr. Irish: "I thought you do it for family emergencies?"
Passport operator: "Are you dying?"
Mr. Irish: "We are all dying, mate. What's your point?"

We are all dying...so live it up. Get out. The world is a big place. Go say hello.
Kiss kiss hug hug BIG KISS little kiss BIG HUG
V

1 comment:

Unknown said...

simply luscious down to the very last tidbit. I can't wait to read more travel-inspired posts. KISS HUG.