Tuesday, March 16, 2010

El beso de la fantasia



With the hope of my focus turning to things I love to do instead of things I work to do, I left this morning with a package under my arm. My dearest Genevieve sent me a present from her travels in South America, a book, oh she knows me too well. Dulce Equis Negra 5, a publication with a compilation of Spanish artists. I'm sure it was the photographer Luis Gonzalez Palma that endeared the book to her and then to me. Beautiful work. This image is especially striking.
It's in the likeness of Julia Margaret Cameron, one of the first photographers that inspired me to pursue photography. These are two of my favorite portraits of hers. The first of J.F.W Herschel and the other her niece Julia Jackson.



Well we shall see what tomorrow brings...

....here and there


back and forth


the weather doth windingly wear


a feather, i'm blown about


to and fro



here and go

the path doth windingly wear


a boot, i tread my sole





begin and end



above and below



life doth windingly wear



truth, a fleeting glimpse





now and then



black and white



time doth windingly wear



now, hold firm to last





grip the wheel, and wear two socks



remember there's warmth in layers


My talented friend Jason Flauaus
May he accomplish all the whimsical goals he pursues and find happiness in that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my blog is not nearly so whimsical or inspiring... but here it is!

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/blog_post_list.aspx?id=622