Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The LOUVRE



Such an iconic piece of humanity, it's odd to think how approachable it really is. How any human being on Earth is physically able to get to any place we all know. It all seems so far away when we learn about things, grand things, things we build up over time, and yet they are right there, only a plane ticket away.



And then there is history, time being the only barrier to that experience. The only thing we can't reach by plane, is the past. That is why we have art.
"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary."
-Pablo Picasso





And so I give you the Mona Lisa. A piece of history, a piece of time on display for the world, the whole of humanity to see. Awe-inspiring.



I think I may have found the spectacle of people running to see her more entertaining in the moment, than seeing her myself...still amazing though. And building in my wonder.



BIG HUG

No comments: